Re: [GIT pull] irq/urgent for v6.3-rc1

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Sun Mar 05 2023 - 15:53:46 EST

On Sun, Mar 05 2023 at 11:50, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 11:47 AM Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> That looks more correct. Let me see what my script zoo managed to get
>> wrong this time.
>
> I think your scripts did the equivalent of generating the diffs for
> all commits separately, and then feeding that to "diffstat".

Kinda. It's the case where the merge in the middle of the commits caused
the thing to create something completely nonsensical. There is even a
comment which says:

# FIXME: Merge into Linus head and diff there

I put that in after you explained it to me quite some years ago that in
that case 'git merge-base irq/urgent linus' does not work.

Obviously that lazy sod who put the comment there did never bother to
fix it for real. :)

Thanks,

tglx