Re: selinux: Adjust implementation of security_get_bools()

From: Paul Moore
Date: Tue Mar 28 2023 - 16:01:14 EST

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 3:30 AM Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > Given the fairly extensive refactoring here,
>
> > If nothing else it will make the function easier to read,
> > and I think it will simplify the code a bit too.
>
> I am curious which change possibilities will finally be picked up.

It's hard to extract out the various changes due to the way the diff
was generated, however, looking at the changes in your commit
description, the only change I can saw with any certainty that I would
merge would be your item #2:

> 2. Replace the statement “goto out;” by “return -ENOMEM;”.

Agreed, gotos that jump straight to a return can be replaced.

> > I would probably also keep the combined @names/@values cleanup under
> > one jump label; this function isn't complicated enough to warrant that
> > many jump labels for error conditions.
>
> I got an other impression for the affected function implementation.
>
> Would you like to take advice from another information source
> better into account?

In this case, I prefer what I suggested.

--
paul-moore.com