Re: selinux: Adjust implementation of security_get_bools()

From: Paul Moore
Date: Wed Mar 29 2023 - 10:28:48 EST

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 1:20 AM Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Would you like to take advice from another information source
> >> better into account?
> >
> > In this case, I prefer what I suggested.
>
> What does hinder you to work with more jump labels for improved exception handling?

I'm the one who has the responsibility to fix bugs in the code when no
one else has the time or the desire, I'm also the one who shepherds
these changes up to Linus and argues for contentious changes which are
not popular outside the Linux Kernel security community. Having to do
this with patches that I find bothersome hinders me in ways which are
sometimes difficult to explain, but easy to understand if you've ever
been responsible for maintaining a significant code base.

--
paul-moore.com