Re: [linus:master] [tpm, tpm_tis] e644b2f498: RIP:acpi_safe_halt

From: Michael Niewöhner
Date: Mon May 29 2023 - 11:08:30 EST

Hi Jerry,

On Thu, 2023-05-11 at 07:59 -0700, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:

> IIRC trying to catch the irq storm didn't work in the L490 case for
> some reason, so we might still need the dmi entry for that one.
>
> The info that the T490s had a pin wired up wrong came from Lenovo, but
> this one even looks to be a different vendor so I wonder how often
> this happens or if there is something else going on. Is it possible to
> get info about the tpm used in the Inspur system? The datasheet online
> doesn't mention it.

Are you sure about T490s? To me the wiring looks right on both s and non-s: Pin
18 / PIRQ# goes to PIRQA# of the PCH/SoC.

However on L490 Pin 18 / PIRQ# is wired wrongly to SERIRQ, which probably is the
reason that catching the interrupt storm didn't work: I guess this completely
messes up LPC communication and causes way more problems. In this case only a
DMI quirk can help.

BR
Michael