Re: Fwd: Lexar NM790 SSDs are not recognized anymore after 6.1.50 LTS

From: Keith Busch
Date: Tue Sep 05 2023 - 12:20:44 EST

On Tue, Sep 05, 2023 at 04:49:11PM +0200, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> But what can Claudio do to find the root cause? Check hardware
> (especially the connectors), update firmware, ...? And if that doesn't
> lead to anything, bisect the issue?

Try the current 6.5.1 as-is where the failure was previously seen and
verify if this observation is indeed 100% reproducible with the "device
not ready" kernel message. Full system power cycle between tests, too.

If this is truly a regression, my only guess is some platform power
setting that a newer kernel changed. I am currently suspicious of that
right now since 6.5.1 was reported to fail but succeed with a "quirk"
that doesn't accomplish anything. I'm more leaning toward my "device is
not reliable" theory.