Re: Build regressions/improvements in v6.6-rc1

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Mon Sep 11 2023 - 22:20:32 EST

Hi Geert,

On 9/11/23 01:38, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Below is the list of build error/warning regressions/improvements in
> v6.6-rc1[1] compared to v6.5[2].
>
> Summarized:
> - build errors: +4/-13
> - build warnings: +4/-1453
>
> Note that there may be false regressions, as some logs are incomplete.
> Still, they're build errors/warnings.
>
> Happy fixing! ;-)
>
> Thanks to the linux-next team for providing the build service.
>
> [1] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/linus/head/0bb80ecc33a8fb5a682236443c1e740d5c917d1d/ (all 237 configs)
> [2] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/linus/head/2dde18cd1d8fac735875f2e4987f11817cc0bc2c/ (234 out of 237 configs)
>

> *** WARNINGS ***
>
> 4 warning regressions:
[]
> + modpost: WARNING: modpost: vmlinux: section mismatch in reference: ioremap_prot+0x88 (section: .text) -> ioremap_fixed (section: .init.text): => N/A

I would consider trying to fix this one but I can't fathom trying to search thru 237 build logs with a web browser
to find which arch/config it is.

I did start on that but I'm giving up.

If possible, please add the arch/config info to the Build regressions/improvements reports
in the future.

thanks.
--
~Randy