Re: Build regressions/improvements in v6.6-rc1

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Tue Sep 12 2023 - 02:50:11 EST

Hi Randy,

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 1:08 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/11/23 01:38, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > 4 warning regressions:
> []
> > + modpost: WARNING: modpost: vmlinux: section mismatch in reference: ioremap_prot+0x88 (section: .text) -> ioremap_fixed (section: .init.text): => N/A
>
> I would consider trying to fix this one but I can't fathom trying to search thru 237 build logs with a web browser
> to find which arch/config it is.
>
> I did start on that but I'm giving up.
>
> If possible, please add the arch/config info to the Build regressions/improvements reports
> in the future.

I always reply with more details after my analysis (which is a manual
process). Unfortunately, due to hick-ups with vger and lore, none of
the emails I sent out yesterday using git-send-email made it to the
lists before last night, so I didn't have anything to reply to until
this morning...

Today, the email issues seem to have been fixed (although I still
haven't received the report myself, but at least lore now has it),
so the analysis is there.

And FTR, I sent out a fix for the section mismatch yesterday, and
Andrew has already picked it up.

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert