Re: Regression: Inoperative bluetooth, Intel chipset, mainline kernel 6.6.2+

From: Kris Karas (Bug Reporting)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2023 - 03:34:13 EST

Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
Kris Karas (Bug Reporting) wrote:
I have a regression going from mainline kernel 6.1.62 to 6.1.63, and also
from kernel 6.6.1 to 6.6.2; I can bisect if patch authors can't locate the
relevant commit. In the most recent kernels mentioned, bluetooth won't
function.

Then please do bisection; without it, nobody will look into this properly.

As only a few people are reporting this, it must be pretty hardware-specific (or perhaps Kconfig/firmware specific). I'll do a bisect. A bit too late here in Boston (03:00), and kiddo's birthday "later today", so will probably get to this on the weekend.

You may also want to check current mainline (v6.7-rc3) to see if this
regression have already been fixed.

Just tried 6.7.0-rc3, and it is also affected.

I hadn't git-pulled my linux-stable since May, so that gave me a good chance to test the very latest. :-) And conveniently I'm now set for the bisect.

Kris