[RFC 0/4] kernel/panic: add more descriptive logging of kernel taints

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Mon Mar 25 2024 - 13:06:30 EST

A few years back there was a discussion about it being difficult to
remember all the taint flags [1].

Time flies. I stumbled on my old branch, brushed it up, and here it is.

I'm not entirely happy with the static buf (which was there to begin
with) or how to decide on its size. Thoughts?

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/YmvU+/RUhOcL+B1p@xxxxxxxxx

Jani Nikula (4):
kernel/panic: return early from print_tainted() when not tainted
kernel/panic: convert print_tainted() to use struct seq_buf internally
kernel/panic: initialize taint_flags[] using a macro
kernel/panic: add verbose logging of kernel taints in backtraces

include/linux/panic.h | 8 +--
lib/dump_stack.c | 3 ++

2.39.2