Re: [GIT PULL] probes updates for v6.10

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat May 18 2024 - 11:56:25 EST

On Sat, 18 May 2024 at 07:38, Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ah, and I missed to build it with W=1.

Note that I do *not* at all expect people to build with W=1. It gets
very noisy depending on your compiler version etc, and a lot of the
W=1 errors are not at all worth worrying about.

But what I do expect is for merge window pull requests to have been
in linux-next, which will give it at least reasonable build coverage
from the bots,

I'm not sure whether it was because I built witch clang (which gives
some warnings that gcc does not, and vice versa) or whether it was
just that my clang build has a different Kconfig. Regardless, if this
had been in linux-next, I'm pretty sure that it would have been found
before I hit it.

Linus