Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] untorn buffered writes

From: John Garry
Date: Tue May 28 2024 - 07:09:44 EST

On 28/05/2024 11:57, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 10:21:15AM +0100, John Garry wrote:
If so, I am not sure if a mmap interface would work for DB usecase, like
PostgreSQL. I can ask.
Databases really should be using direct I/O for various reasons. And if
Postgres still isn't doing that we shouldn't work around that in the
kernel.

As I understand, direct IO support for that DB is a work-in-progress, but if and ever it is completed I don't know.

Regardless, my plan is to work towards direct IO kernel support now.