Re: [GIT PULL] tomoyo update for v6.10

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jun 06 2024 - 18:22:29 EST

On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 15:13, Tetsuo Handa
<penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2024/06/07 1:50, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 07:40, Tetsuo Handa
> > <penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> git://git.code.sf.net/p/tomoyo/tomoyo.git
> >
> > Tssk, tssk. I want to see a proper pull request from a signed tag.
> >
> > I did find the tag in your repo, so I pulled it, but please don't make
> > me have to go look for it.
>
> Excuse me, but what did I miss?

Note how it doesn't actually mention the tag-name anywhere.

> I think I made the tag using "git tag -s tomoyo-pr-20240606".
> What is "a proper pull request from a signed tag"?

Oh, the signed tag _existed_. And it was in the public repository. But
it wasn't actually ever mentioned in the pull-request itself, so I had
to find it by doing

git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/tomoyo/tomoyo | less

and then look for the tag that pointed to the commit ID that you mentioned.

Linus