Re: [net-next,v4] net: phy: phy_device: fix PHY WOL enabled, PM failed to suspend

From: Jakub Kicinski
Date: Wed Jul 31 2024 - 09:41:42 EST

On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 17:15:37 +0800 Youwan Wang wrote:
> If the PHY of the mido bus is enabled with Wake-on-LAN (WOL),
> we cannot suspend the PHY. Although the WOL status has been
> checked in phy_suspend(), returning -EBUSY(-16) would cause
> the Power Management (PM) to fail to suspend. Since
> phy_suspend() is an exported symbol (EXPORT_SYMBOL),
> timely error reporting is needed. Therefore, an additional
> check is performed here. If the PHY of the mido bus is enabled
> with WOL, we skip calling phy_suspend() to avoid PM failure.
>
> From the following logs, it has been observed that the phydev->attached_dev
> is NULL, phydev is "stmmac-0:01", it not attached, but it will affect suspend
> and resume.The actually attached "stmmac-0:00" will not dpm_run_callback():
> mdio_bus_phy_suspend().

Are you just reposting this to add a review tag? You don't have to do
that. Please let me know if you're doing so based on some documentation,
if such documentation exists I'll go and update it..

Please include a changelog in the future.

And also please don't post new versions in-reply-to an existing thread.