Re: [RFC v2 0/4] cma: powerpc fadump fixes

From: Michael Ellerman
Date: Fri Oct 11 2024 - 06:18:34 EST

"Ritesh Harjani (IBM)" <ritesh.list@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Please find the v2 of cma related powerpc fadump fixes.
>
> Patch-1 is a change in mm/cma.c to make sure we return an error if someone uses
> cma_init_reserved_mem() before the pageblock_order is initalized.
>
> I guess, it's best if Patch-1 goes via mm tree and since rest of the changes
> are powerpc fadump fixes hence those should go via powerpc tree. Right?

Yes I think that will work.

Because there's no actual dependency on patch 1, correct?

Let's see if the mm folks are happy with the approach, and if so you
should send patch 1 on its own, and patches 2-4 as a separate series.

Then I can take the series (2-4) as fixes, and patch 1 can go via the mm
tree (probably in next, not as a fix).

cheers