Re: 16 MB -> 32 MB, a memory problem resolved!

Wed, 17 Apr 1996 03:09:55 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:
> 32M-384k is _NORMAL_ and the point I was trying to make.
> The 384k is reserved by the motherboard, and is damned near
> impossible to access (it varies from board to board).
> It is used for stuff like caching the BIOS and VGA ROMs
> so that it doesn't go completely to waste. If you disable
> caching you _still_ don't get the memory back either.
>
> -- Andrew E. Mileski --
It's waisted in Linux, as it doesn't use the bios (well some parts, but
very little, eg apm ....)
If you can turn BIOS shadowing, and video shadowing off in the BIOS
setup ....

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.