Re: syslog TIOCSETD EINVAL in pre2.0.9

G.W. Wettstein (greg@wind.rmcc.com)
Fri, 31 May 1996 13:08:29 CDT

On May 29, 8:09pm, Chris Metcalf wrote:
} Subject: syslog TIOCSETD EINVAL in pre2.0.9

Hi Chris, it was interesting to see your note.

> I just built pre2.0.9 and tried to run dip-3.3.7n to start pppd 2.2.0e.
> syslog-1.2 reports "syslog: ioctl(TIOCSETD): Invalid argument" and
> the connection is not established (no routes, etc.). I backed out to
> pre2.0.8 and things started working again.

Get version 1.3 of sysklogd off of any of the archive sites. Then
give me a holler and I will send you the current beta patches for
this. There are a ton of improvements which have been added since
1.2. I would advocate running 1.2 on top of any modern kernels.

A rather nice embellishment of our current patch set is that klogd can
handle resolving addresses from kernel faults which occur in loadable
modules.

Let me know if you need the patches. Have a pleasant weekend.

> Chris Metcalf -- MIT Lab for Computer Science, +1 617 253 7766

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Chris Metcalf

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein Oncology Research Div. Computing Facility
Roger Maris Cancer Center INTERNET: greg@wind.rmcc.com
820 4th St. N.
Fargo, ND 58122
Phone: 701-234-7556
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
-- Olivier