Re: OFFTOPIC Re: AMAZING (what is pgcc?)

Kurt Garloff (garloff@kg1.ping.de)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:15:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> PGCC is a partial (complete? not really sure) rewrite of GNU GCC/G++ and
> so on to take advantage of the Pentium/PentPro/PentII architecture, namely
> instruction pairing to dramatically inprove performance, as well as the
> Pentium-specific instructions.

Nobody can think of easily rewriting a whole C++ compiler. PGCC is based
on
- gcc 2.7.2 (versions till mid 96, I think)
- gcc snapshots (pre 2.8 ...) (versions till 8/97)
- egcs gcc-compiler (versions from 9/97)

> The web site is (i think) http://www.goof.com/pgc. I found it by looking
> for "pentium compiler group" on yahoo (with the quotes).
^ ^ ^
=> www.goof.com/pcg

If you're interested in recent gcc development also have a look at the
egcs project:
http://www.cygnus.com/egcs

Kurt Garloff, Dortmund
<K.Garloff@ping.de>