Re: 2 questions - ATX power-off + submissions

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 13:13:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Kurt Garloff wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Tim Hockin wrote:
>
>> I have two questions for you all:
>>
>> 1) anyone know how the soft-power-off is done on the new ATX style boards?
>> I think that would be a neat feature, but fdon't have a clue where to
>> start looking for docs on it.
>
>Why Docs? You got an ATX compliant board with an ATX power supply, your
>APM BIOS supports it and you are able to switch the power off by software.
>My FIC PA-2010 does this with both Linux-2.0.30 and Win95.
>
>AFAIK this is done by an APM BIOS call. The Hardware is a Flip-Flop on
>your board and the soft power line of your power supply. There is a
>Standby power line ...

So to power off by software ATX matherboards I need to compile in the
kernel the APM code? I never used the APM code, but I' d like that linux
power off my ATX matherboard when I halt the system...

Andreas Arcangeli