Re: serial input overrun(s) using ide-cd

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:50:46 +0200 (MET DST)

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Given this, I don't see how you could even boot such a system. This
> > simply can't be the problem . PIO is interruptible. It's not very
>
> You turn interrupts off first. Otherwise these boards DO corrupt your
> IDE drive and the result is quite provable..

But, the chances of corruption occurring are not 100%. This means that
it could run for a while before you notice stuff (i.e. I DO see how
you could boot such a system).

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a