Re: 2.1.84 SMP, aic7xxx: still crashing in bootup

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
4 Feb 1998 21:48:54 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.980203144825.710A-100000@carissimi.coda.cs.cmu.edu>,
Peter J. Braam <braam@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

>I'm still getting "Killing interrupt handler", and an abrupt end to my
>booting, when it is initializing the aic7xxx driver.
>
>Just thought we should let you know.

I haven't gotten a good report on this yet. I realize that it is painful
to copy down a panic that happens during bootup because it obviously
won't make it into the logs automatically, but right now I simply don't
have anything to work on. I'd really appreciate it if people who see
this problem would write down exactly what they see, and feed it through
ksymoops to get the proper symbolic output,

Linus