Re: iput warnings

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:40:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Those "count wrapped" messages are potentially serious and need to be
> tracked down. So please do try to reproduce the problem, so we can get
> it fixed.

Please understand that I've spend the last few days trying to reconstruct
a working system. I haven't even completely finished yet.

Soon after getting those iput warnings, every single one of my mounted
partitions was corrupted (I managed to salvage a few files from one).
Most of them refused to mount because of "unsupported extended options".

I want to get a completely functional system again, so that I can back up
its state, before trying to reproduce this problem.

Tim.
*/