Re: iput warnings

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@tele.fi)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 12:27:43 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

> Tim Waugh wrote:
>
> > I'm not about to try finding out.
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Those "count wrapped" messages are potentially serious and need to be tracked
> down. So please do try to reproduce the problem, so we can get it fixed.

Some network modules have static structures of "i-node" datas, and
iput()ing those will produce these warnings, although they are harmless.
Where did these occur ? At rmmod of IPv6 ? Somewhere else ?
(I have patches at home for IPv4 and IPv6 modularization cleanup, but
that is still incomplete -- you can safely insmod all, but rmmoding
ipv4 may cause crash..)

> Regards,
> Bill

/Matti Aarnioo