Re: 2.1.95[4] more on parport

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 13:45:17 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> I have now tried .95 with lp and parport as modules and compiled in
> using parport=0x378,7 on the boot line. I went to dosemu and ran the HP
> Deskjet 680 setup box. It said the printer was not responding. I
> rebooted to DOS and ran it. Same response. I powered down and rebooted
> to DOS. It worked. Rebooted to .94, printer not responding. On .93 I
> could run the HP setup from dosemu.
> This is a 486DX2/66 [SPP,PS2] parport, no PCI, no VESA bus. procinfo.13
> shows parport0 in IRQ 7 with 0 interrupts. I also have scsi, unix, and
> serial_cs as modules, and they all work under kmod-v5.

Garst, I'm not sure I follow this. It works in 2.1.93 but not 2.1.94?

If that's right, try using the lp.c from 2.1.93. In 2.1.94, most of the
verify_area calls were abolished in favour of check the return value of
things like put_user. The only other parport-related change was to /proc
handling, which surely shouldn't make any difference here.

Tim.
*/