Re: 2.1.95[4] more on parport

Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 01:59:17 -0300

Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Garst R. Reese wrote:
>
> > I can boot to DOS and the printer works. 2.1.93 was weird in that if I
> > tried to print from dosemu, it would wait until I did exitemu, then
> > print the spooled files.
>
> How are you trying to print from dosemu? I don't really know how it
> allows its applications to have access to the parallel port, so I'm afraid
> I'm a bit stuck for suggestions.
>
> Has anyone else tried printing from dosemu in development kernels?
>
> Tim.
> */
Oop, forgot to cc reply to linux-kernel.
Dosemu sends the print stuff to the regular linux spool file. This part
works, but lpq tells me that the printer may be offline. Printing from
Netscape, command line, and LyX also gets the file to the spool. It just
won't print.
I think the big clue here is the report that it needs EPP enabled in the
BIOS.
--
Garst