Re: Improving Ext2 Reliability

Dancer (dancer@brisnet.org.au)
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:04:15 +1000

I wouldn't be that memory corruption bug (that was introduced in 2.0.33)
by any chance? I had problems with it myself when my squid server hit
the end of memory. (I'd selected too large a disk-cache for the amount
of memory I had available: 6GB of ram, but only 64MB of memory).

That neatly crashed the server at all-too-frequent intervals. I added
memory, which fixed it, and more recently backed down to 2.0.32.