Re: 2.1.93..

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:32:45 -0700

From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:25:21 +0100 (BST)

> That's poor setup feature IMHO. You should suggest Mylex guys to offer
> a boot order setup for their products. This will avoid Linux to provide
> historical silly things.

Having the option is useful but for 99.9999% of users the Buslogics just
work. What is proposed is to screw every single 2.0 Linux user who has
two scsi controllers and _completely_ un-neccessarily. Even Bill and co would
think twice about that sort of stuff

In fact, the newest MultiMaster boards, the BT-948/958/958D, do indeed have
such a switch and I've documented its use in README.BusLogic. But there are a
*lot* of the older BT-946C/956C/956CD models in use and there's no way Mylex
will be issuing any updates to their BIOS or firmware, nor would the users be
happy with waiting for updated ROM chips even if they were available.

Leonard