Re: PATCH: smart symlink loop detection.

Ulrich Drepper (drepper@cygnus.com)
14 Apr 1998 16:30:15 -0700

"Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU> writes:

> Folks who have been following this thread might find the following code
> I wrote a long time ago interesting. It's purely user mode code, but
> it's how I dealt with cannonicalizing a pathname getting rid of symbolic
> links.

This is very similar to the realpath/canonicalize_file_name
implementation in glibc which has the advantage that it doesn't need
dynamic allocating. We use alloca in two places but two extra pages
are enough for the whole process.

-- Uli
---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA