Re: smbmount and smbfs...

Michael Nelson (mikenel@wam.umd.edu)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:06:17 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, I got it too. Had to fiddle with the header files cuz of glibc
problems too (sigh). The samba version of smbmount seems like a large step
backwards to me -- why can't you specify the mount point from the
command-line? Why does it give you a separate prompt, with only one
command?

Aside from that it isn't quite working. I can't look at files -- I get
Access Denied. Also it seems that "ls" generates a lot more network
traffic than my NT setup does (a long stream of data, and then a bunch of
back and forth chatter on the modem lights, NT doesn't chatter).

-mike