Re: ARRGHH !!! Gated is broken again in 2.1.131 ...

Serguei Koubouchine (ksi@gu.net)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:38:41 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > The symptoms are exactly the same as it was before the bug (missing or extra
> > '!', don't remember which one) has been squashed - gated starts, adds routes
> > to local interface and that's all. It does neither hear neighbours' OSPF
> > announces
>
> It is possible if eepro100 is unhappy again.

I do use a hacked 1.0.5 eepro100 driver. The 1.0.6 included in kernel since
circa 2.1.125 doesn't work here - I have a reliable 100% repeatable kernel
hang when trying to load 1.0.6 eepro100 driver...

> > nor sends them itself.
>
> And it is impossible. Does it try at least? strace?
>
> > No complains, it does run, but routing is
> > set only to local interfaces.
>
> Turn on gated tracing.
>
> I repeat (and you can check it yourself), nothing that could affect
> gated was changed in 2.1.130-131. The reason may be anywhere: (f.e. in
> gated.conf).

My gated.conf is dated Aug 12 1998 and gated did happily run ever since...

I did put experiments with 2.1.131+ on hold until the situation with new
msg.h and iBCS2 is clear. As soon as it's clear, I'll make all kinds of
tracing...