Re: Warning: /boot/System.map has an incorrect kernel version.

Dan Egli (dan@speeder.frankenstein-cpu.com)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:42:12 -0600 (MDT)

The fiels in /boot are the files that boot your system (when you have not
updated your kernel)

Easiest fix for this:

as root: cp -f /usr/src/linux-2.2.9/System.map /boot

Then you won't get it anymore :>