more info to bug report, Kernel (2.2.9) crash after trying to

Ralf Nyren (plumbum@linux.nu)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:43:21 +0200 (CEST)

Robert Schiele wrote:
> > Strange! Normally this mount command should say 'mount: you must
> > specify the filesystem type'. Did you initialize the swap partition
> > with mkswap?
> >
> > Robert

> Ah, I see it has nothing to do with initialization or something similar.
> My server, which was up for about two weaks, also crashed about half an
> hour after trying to mount one of its swap partitions with 'mount
> /dev/sda2 /mnt', although the mount command correctly rejected the
> mount.

> Robert

Missed to include the "mount: you must specify the filesystem type" in
the bug report. My mount attempt prints this message and the mount is
correctly rejected (at least as far as I know).

I could make my kernel crash rather fast when I forced it to use much
swap.

And, almost forgot, my swap partition was active (swapon /dev/hda1) when I
tested to mount it.

/Ralf