Re: smbfs broken in 2.2.9

Urban Widmark (urban@svenskatest.se)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:48:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm cc'ing this to Volker Lendecke as a courtesy, although I do not
> believe he has been active as a maintainer for some time.

No, but he is still listed in the MAINTAINERS, and the status is
S: Maintained

> Under 2.2.9 + hjl/gam knfsd patches + tronds v3 patches, smbfs is
> completely hosed. All I have to do is mount a share from NT4/SP4 and

Well, this is a list of what changed for 2.2.7 -> 2.2.9 ...
-smb_lookup_validate(struct dentry * dentry)
+smb_lookup_validate(struct dentry * dentry, int flags)

> attempt to write data to a file (or delete a file). The Linux process
> will hang irrevocably in 'D' state and cannot be killed. The mount point
> remains busy, and cannot be umounted by any means. The only recovery is a
> reboot. The file does get created at zero-length (or deleted) on the NT
> box, FWIW.
>
> I reverted back to 2.2.7-ac2, and all's fine.
>
> Steve
>

> -

---
Urban Widmark                           urban@svenskatest.se