Re: knfs-1.2.2a strange behaviour

Joerg Dorchain (joerg@dorchain.net)
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 18:37:40 +0200

On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 04:28:54PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> The NFS server causing the ext2 errors is a real bug. Definitely

Ok. What can (should) I investigate further?

> It isnt sanely possible with NFS, NFS is stateless. You normally get bus
> error (core dumped) on all platforms on the binary swapped underneath NFS
> case

This special case in interesting: sendmail runs as long there is no new
connection (no need to swap in the needed text), then forks for the new
mail, and the child dies more or less silently. The machine sending the
mail even gets a 'Message accepted for delivery') I set the core dump
size to 0 on the mail machine, btw (small disk ~80MB)

Joerg