nfsv3 & 2.2.9 breaks smbfs (was: Re: smbfs broken in 2.2.9)

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:55:06 +0200 (CEST)

> Trond & Steven, I don't have a patch, but here is what I had to
> change to stop the blocking.

> Change smb_updatepage in fs/smbfs/file.c; add a
> int result;
> and change the return from
> return smb_writepage_sync(dentry, page, offset, count);
> result = smb_writepage_sync(dentry, page, offset,
> count); smb_unlock_page(page); return result;

> to smb_updatepage in fs/smbfs/file.c.

> This also explains why plain 2.2.9 works fine.

Oops. Looks like the call to smb_unlock_page that used to be in
smb_writepage_sync itself has been removed from the stock kernel since
last I looked. Your fix is quite correct.

Cheers,
Trond