Re: 2.2.14/APM: Thinkpad 560 can suspend/hibernate only once

From: Justin C. Darby (windex@busprod.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 20:36:34 EST

Ok, I tryed explaining this before, but I wasn't very clear in my
explination.

I have a Gateway Solo 2150, and I had a toshiba protoge, as well, both
laptops wouldn't enter sleep mode correctly as long as any 3com card was
inside the machine. the same was true for an old CTX laptop that a buddy of
mine had.

The development kernels explicitly hinted off that it was a problem with a
device not going into sleep. the 3com nic drivers _are_ apm aware as they
react to apm calls.

In windows9x, windows explicity tells you a device or resource is not
responding when you go to enter sleep mode, sure enough, its the 3com pcmcia
card, because if i eject it, geuss what, it works...

Don't ask me why. I don't know. I don't really even have time to find out. I
just thought I'd pass it along. :) This _can't_ be a thinkpad only problem.

Justin C. Darby