Re: The ultimate TOE design

From: David Lang
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 15:44:20 EST

actually the sector based access that is made to modern drives is a very primitive filesystem. if you go back to the days of the MFM and RLL drives you had the computer sending the raw bitstreams to the drives, but with SCSI and IDE this stopped and you instead a higher level logical block to the drive and it deals with the details of getting it to and from the platter.

David Lang