Re: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel

Jurgen Botz (jbotz@reference.com)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:06:12 -0800 (PST)

In article <5huc3b$jvs$1@palladium.transmeta.com>,
H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com> wrote:
>Actually, recently the news gateway input for the kernel list has
>started to receive posts from a whole bunch of the vger list, although
>the subscription lists shown by "which" at vger are all correct. I
>have verified that we get these messages from vger and that they are
>indeed incorrectly addressed. This is a huge problem for people who
>read the newsgroups.

And conversely, I at least have /not/ seen all the traffic that that
went to the linux-kernel list (as I can see it on the ECSNet archives)
appear on the newsgroup... the newsgroup has been getting just about
a dozen messages a day (much less than the list) and half of those
were intended for other lists. Could someone fix this please?

--
Jurgen Botz                 "Unix?  What's that?  Is that like Linux?"
jbotz@reference.com