Re: which ioctls matter across filesystems

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 16:45:52 EST

fr den 29.04.2005 Klokka 16:22 (-0500) skreiv Steve French:

> Very interesting, I had not seen that. FYI - There are many years of
> real world experience on the current transact2 notify (it is deployed in
> some form on most clients) but I don't know whether one of the NAS
> storage companies or researchers has done a good research paper on this
> topic - although there is no lack of customer traces in SPEC and SNIA.

If you are able to release those traces to them, then CITI does have a
simulator that can be used to test the various models. It is currently
only capable of analysing NFSv3 and v4 traffic, but it might perhaps be
possible to add a CIFS interpreter onto it.

Cheers,
Trond
--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>