[ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.13.y.z extended stable support

From: Kamal Mostafa
Date: Wed Apr 23 2014 - 13:16:44 EST

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 17:06 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> NOTE
>
> This is the LAST 3.13.y release. It is now end-of-life. [...]

The Ubuntu kernel team will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH
left off with v3.13.11 (thanks, Greg!)...

The Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be providing
extended stable support for the Linux 3.13 kernel until April 2016 as a
third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.13.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from v3.13.11
and will be published here:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules. More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort. We will be
posting the first review cycle patch set in a week or two.

-Kamal Mostafa
Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.