Re: drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_ebda.c:409:1: warning: the frame size of 1108 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

From: Emese Revfy
Date: Mon Oct 17 2016 - 17:38:31 EST

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 06:52:16 +0800
kbuild test robot <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_ebda.c: In function 'ibmphp_access_ebda':
> >> drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_ebda.c:409:1: warning: the frame size of 1108 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes [-Wframe-larger-than=]

Hi,

Thanks for the report. The problem is that these are large functions
(there are a lot of basic blocks) and the entropy plugin instruments all basic blocks.
I think the solution is to skip these functions which contain more than n basic blocks.
Sorry, I haven't time to fix this bug. PaX Team will fix it in PaX.

--
Emese