Re: incoming

From: Vlastimil Babka
Date: Wed Jul 17 2019 - 04:47:57 EST

On 7/17/19 1:25 AM, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Most of the rest of MM and just about all of the rest of everything
> else.

Hi,

as I've mentioned at LSF/MM [1], I think it would be nice if mm pull
requests had summaries similar to other subsystems. I see they are now
more structured (thanks!), but they are now probably hitting the limit
of what scripting can do to produce a high-level summary for human
readers (unless patch authors themselves provide a blurb that can be
extracted later?).

So I've tried now to provide an example what I had in mind, below. Maybe
it's too concise - if there were "larger" features in this pull request,
they would probably benefit from more details. I'm CCing the known (to
me) consumers of these mails to judge :) Note I've only covered mm, and
core stuff that I think will be interesting to wide audience (change in
LIST_POISON2 value? I'm sure as hell glad to know about that one :)

Feel free to include this in the merge commit, if you find it useful.

Thanks,
Vlastimil

[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/787705/

-----

- z3fold fixes and enhancements by Henry Burns and Vitaly Wool
- more accurate reclaimed slab caches calculations by Yafang Shao
- fix MAP_UNINITIALIZED UAPI symbol to not depend on config, by
Christoph Hellwig
- !CONFIG_MMU fixes by Christoph Hellwig
- new novmcoredd parameter to omit device dumps from vmcore, by Kairui Song
- new test_meminit module for testing heap and pagealloc initialization,
by Alexander Potapenko
- ioremap improvements for huge mappings, by Anshuman Khandual
- generalize kprobe page fault handling, by Anshuman Khandual
- device-dax hotplug fixes and improvements, by Pavel Tatashin
- enable synchronous DAX fault on powerpc, by Aneesh Kumar K.V
- add pte_devmap() support for arm64, by Robin Murphy
- unify locked_vm accounting with a helper, by Daniel Jordan
- several misc fixes

core/lib
- new typeof_member() macro including some users, by Alexey Dobriyan
- make BIT() and GENMASK() available in asm, by Masahiro Yamada
- changed LIST_POISON2 on x86_64 to 0xdead000000000122 for better code
generation, by Alexey Dobriyan
- rbtree code size optimizations, by Michel Lespinasse
- convert struct pid count to refcount_t, by Joel Fernandes

get_maintainer.pl
- add --no-moderated switch to skip moderated ML's, by Joe Perches