Re: [GIT PULL] MIPS changes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 17 2019 - 12:42:20 EST

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 8:25 AM Paul Burton <paul.burton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Documentation/process/license-rules.rst suggests to me that the version
> in the MIPS tree is correct in terms of license name ("GPL-2.0" without
> the "-only" suffix) whilst the version in master is correct in terms of
> comment style ("/* */" rather than "//").

It's actually license-rules.rst that just hasn't been updated. The
"GPL-.2.0" and "GPL-2.0+" naming was considered too terse, so the
modern spdx tag suggestions are "GPL-2.0-only" and "GPL-2.0-or-later".

The full list of all spdx license tags (many of which aren't relevant
for the kernel, of course) can be found at

https://spdx.org/licenses/

in case you care.

Linus