Re: incoming

From: Vlastimil Babka
Date: Wed Jul 17 2019 - 14:13:34 EST

On 7/17/19 6:13 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 1:47 AM Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> So I've tried now to provide an example what I had in mind, below.
>
> I'll take it as a trial. I added one-line notes about coda and the
> PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO interface too.

Thanks.

> I do hope that eventually I'll just get pull requests,

Very much agree, that was also discussed at length in the LSF/MM mm
process session I've linked.

> and they'll
> have more of a "theme" than this all (*)

I'll check if the first patch bomb would be more amenable to that, as I
plan to fill in the mm part for 5.3 on LinuxChanges wiki, but for a
merge commit it's too late.

> Linus
>
> (*) Although in many ways, the theme for Andrew is "falls through the
> cracks otherwise" so I'm not really complaining. This has been working
> for years and years.

Nevermind the misc stuff that much, but I think mm itself is more
important and deserves what other subsystems have.