Re: INFO: task hung in blkdev_open bug

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Wed May 17 2023 - 08:20:34 EST

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 07:12:23PM +0800, yang lan wrote:
> root@syzkaller:~# uname -a
> Linux syzkaller 5.10.179 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 16:22:48 CST 2023

Does this reproduce on current kernels, eg 6.4-rc2?

> root@syzkaller:~# gcc poc_blkdev.c -o poc_blkdev

You need to include poc_blkdev.c as part of your report.

> Please let me know if I can provide any more information, and I hope I
> didn't mess up this bug report.

I suspect you've done something that is known to not work (as root,
so we won't necessarily care). But I can't really say without seeing
what you've done. Running syzkaller is an art, and most people aren't
good at it. It takes a lot of work to submit good quality bug reports,
see this article:

https://blog.regehr.org/archives/2037