Re: [syzbot] [fbdev?] [usb?] WARNING in dlfb_submit_urb/usb_submit_urb (2)

From: Helge Deller
Date: Fri May 19 2023 - 14:41:01 EST

On 5/19/23 17:42, Alan Stern wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 12:38:15PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
Patch looks good and survived the test.

Will you send a proper patch to the fbdev mailing list, so that I can
include it?

Will do.

Great! Thanks!

While you're working on this driver,

I'm not working on that driver. Just looked into it because of this
sysbot issue. I even don't have that hardware to test.

here's a suggestion for another
improvement you can make. The temporary buffer allocations and calls to
usb_control_msg() in dlfb_get_edid() and dlfb_select_std_channel() can
be replaced with calls to usb_control_msg_recv() and
usb_control_msg_send() respectively.

Ok, I'll look into it.

Helge