Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #100/Terminal problem

David Flood (dcflood@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 07:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Jun 1995 Kevin Lentin <kevinl@cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:

> Subject: Re: Terminal problem

> 1) Linus: I think there should be a README of sorts in the kernel source
> root dir that explains MAJOR changes that can affect your system. These
> would include the modules packages, genksyms, this console change and other
> things that you _need_ to change in order to make new kernels work.

Have the 'make config' step less/more this file out to the terminal BEFORE
asking any questions. Or at least put a warning the the boot messages like:
'This is a beta kernel, check the source tree READMEs before asking questions'

dcflood@u.washington.edu

The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect anyone elses.
Besides, who wants my opinion anyway?