/dev/sr0 not ready, but working

From: Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 17:00:56 EST

When I use my external case as Firewire or USB 2.0 I got the error on the
kernel syslog:
sr 0:0:0:0: Device not ready.
last message repeated 187 times

Same using amdtp FireWire Driver and usb-storage driver.

but the drive keeps writing and the media finish and close as espected on the
95% of times, the other 5% :(.

This does not happen when the drive is on IDE interface, my kernel verison is:
2.6.14/12, and the Drive is a Pioneer DVR110D and A07 both the same onto an

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/