Re: [net-next 1/2] Perform IPv4 FIB lookup in a predefined FIB table

From: David Ahern
Date: Tue Feb 18 2020 - 23:29:38 EST

On 2/18/20 7:49 PM, Carmine Scarpitta wrote:
> Hi David,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The problem is not related to the table lookup. Calling fib_table_lookup and then rt_dst_alloc from seg6_local.c is good.

you did not answer my question. Why do all of the existing policy
options (mark, L3 domains, uid) to direct the lookup to the table of
interest not work for this use case?

What you want is not unique. There are many ways to make it happen.
Bleeding policy details to route.c and adding a flag that is always
present and checked even when not needed (e.g.,
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES is disabled) is not the right way to do it.