Re: [GIT PULL] perf tools fixes for v6.8

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Thu Feb 01 2024 - 16:14:45 EST

Em Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 12:57:00PM -0800, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 at 12:23, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please consider pulling, mostly 'perf test' issues, which in its
> > turn are mostly related to myself having Intel hybrid systems at home.

> I started pulling, but there's some truly odd noise in the tag, so you
> clearly have done something wrong.

> You need to fix your odd tagging process, they are normally noisy, but
> this is just so far off the norm that I can't overlook the craziness.

You're right, this can be routed instead thru perf-tools-next, for v6.9.

I should've known better and not send the noisy JSON changes at this
point in time.

And the other stuff doesn't affect normal day to day operation, just a
matter of addressiong artifacts in 'perf test' output so can wait.

Namhyung, please check if you agree to have this merged into
perf-tools-next on the way to v6.9.

- Arnaldo